.

.

Friday, February 18, 2011

Coraline (2009)


A stop motion animated fantasy directed by Henry Selick, based on the book by Neil Gaiman.
A girl moves into a new house with her family and begins to have dreams of an alternate universe where everything is the opposite of the real world.
I had heard about this when it came out, but forgot it until someone told me not to watch it because it was too scary. I had lost all respect for this person by the end of the film. The style was cool and I really liked the animation. The end seemed like it may have been made in order to create a future video game based on the film. As far as new world order symbolism goes, The jumping mice create a pentagram during their dance and Coraline catches the rose with an Illuminati hand signal. Overall, it was pretty cool. I'm rating it good for being a little unique.

No comments:

Post a Comment