.

.

Sunday, July 10, 2016

Trading Places (1983)

An American comedy directed by John Landis, starring Dan Aykroyd, Eddie Murphy, Ralph Bellamy and Don Ameche.
The two owners of a stock trading company set up a scam to have one of their employees reduced to a hobo and have a hobo put in his place. They bet a dollar on it, but the misplaced hobo and stock trader find out and have to set up another scam on the company owners.
This wasn't all that great. Most of the humor just was not funny. I thought that they over-expanded the plot from too simple a premise and the characters lacked depth and were not developed in any way. The pacing was my main issue. It seemed to take almost forever for anything to happen. Technical aspects of audio and video were fine, but I think it was just badly written. Overall, a well made, but mediocre film. I rate it poor because I won't tolerate mediocrity here.

No comments:

Post a Comment