.

.

Friday, July 8, 2016

The Kentucky Fried Movie (1977)

An American comedy directed by John Landis, starring Donald Sutherland.
Various comedy skits are shown as if one were watching television and everything went bonkers.
This was funny. It is so rare that I see a comedy and get the humor. Although most of the material is dated and would seem absurd to today's audiences, I remember growing up when this was not a "vintage" film. The movie theater that only charges one dollar for popcorn is a stand-out moment of being dated. Isn't that shit like $15 these days? Anyway, I liked the joke commercials, news broadcasts and movie trailers. There was even a poster for Schlock at the theater. My favorite part was "Catholic High School Girls in Trouble"(picture) Female Anatomy Points! This is a film to not think about or analyze. Just watch and maybe laugh. I rate it adequate.

No comments:

Post a Comment