.

.

Sunday, July 17, 2016

All Monsters Attack A.K.A. Godzilla's Revenge, Gojira-Minira-Gabara: Ōru Kaijū Daishingeki (1969)

A Japanese daikaiju science fiction directed by Ishiro Honda, starring Kenji Sahara and Hideyo Amamoto.
A boy whose parents are always at work is cared for by a neighbor. The boy dreams of Godzilla and company when he sleeps. A pair of bank robbers are hiding out in a nearby abandoned factory and they kidnap the boy.
I had a VHS of this when I was younger and believe I may have worn it out from repeated viewing. It features a wide variety of monsters, but this also means a wide range of quality. Lots of the daikaiju fights are stock footage from previous films. I get the feeling that the little boy is supposed to be the child who befriends Gamera, but could find no concrete proof of this. Overall, a decent entry in the Godzilla catalog. I rate it best for sentimental reasons.

No comments:

Post a Comment