.

.

Tuesday, July 19, 2016

Repossessed (1990)

An American comedy directed by Bob Logan, starring Linda Blair, Ned Beatty and Leslie Nielsen.
The girl from The Exorcist has grown up and has a family. Satan's spirit comes out of the TV and she is "repossessed". A parody of the duo of priests who exorcised her the first time is called in for a rematch.
This is one of the films that I grew up watching with my sister. The jokes are dated, but funny. I think that it typifies early '90s comedy. I liked the doctor getting actual cases, like boxes, of the flu at the hospital. There were so many jokes at the gym that I can't list them all. As with most American comedies, this features prolific use of sex jokes. It's really cool that they got the actress who played Regan MacNeil from the original Exorcist film to play the female lead. Leslie Nielsen is one of my favorite comic actors from this time period. Overall, dated, but high quality. I rate this awesome, mostly for sentimental value.

1 comment:

  1. I laughed when Leslie Nielsen walks into the women's locker room by mistake and strolls past several naked women in shower,you could see their buttcracks through the shower steam



    ReplyDelete