.

.

Thursday, March 17, 2016

Unbroken (2014)

An American war film directed by Angelina Jolie.
An Olympic runner wins the games and joins the airforce. His plane goes down over an ocean where he and 2 of the other soldiers spend a very long time floating before being captured by the Japanese. They are put into a prison camp where one of the officers decides to treat the runner very badly.
I usually don't like war films too much, but this wasn't too bad. The plot held my interest and I cared what happened to the characters. The most developed characters were the American runner and the Japanese officer. Everything was shot well with good visibility and the audio sounded good. Pacing was dynamic, with appropriate ups and downs. The style was like an epic biography. Overall, better than o.k. but not "good" by my definition. I rate this adequate. You might want to watch it.

No comments:

Post a Comment