.

.

Saturday, March 5, 2016

The Virgin Suicides (1999)

An American drama directed by Sofia Coppola, starring James Woods, Kathleen Turner, Kirsten Dunst and Danny DeVito.
Boys from school chase after a group of sisters with strict parents.
I felt like this whole film was leading up to something that never happened. It seemed like all beginning with very little middle and no ending. The plot held my interest and I kind of cared what happened with the characters. The camera-work was really good. At times, it was noticeable in a good way and at others, invisible as the story came through. The pacing seemed rather slow to me. Overall, it was really weird for such tame subject matter. I'm giving this a strange pink rating for being so far out there in such an odd way. I don't know what to think about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment