.

.

Friday, March 18, 2016

Candyman (1992)

An American horror directed by Bernard Rose, starring Virginia Madsen.
A woman is doing research on urban legends for college and encounters a story about a ghostly killer. She follows the tale to it's logical conclusion.
This is not the candy man who makes the world taste good, but he does mix it with love. The plot was relatively interesting and I cared about the main character. The fact that she earned female anatomy points did sway my decision. The camera-work was exemplary of the early '90s, with lots of wide angle overhead shots. I think they relied a little too heavily on music to create the spooky atmosphere. The hospital scene was very accurate. I know because I've been there. Missing time, heavy restraints and no answers from the inhospitable staff are all key points. The style was typical of late '80s/early '90s horror. Overall, not bad. I rate it adequate. You might want to watch this.

No comments:

Post a Comment