.

.

Thursday, March 31, 2016

The God of Cookery (1996)

A Chinese comedy directed by Stephen Chow.
A famous television chef turns out to not be good at cooking. He meets street food vendors and helps them. He then takes part in a cooking contest against the man who replaced him as top chef.
Stephen Chow is so weird. It really came out in his style with this film. The plot was complex and the characters were interesting. I really liked the ugly street food vendor woman with bad teeth. The video style involved lots of editing, good shots and some compositing. The shot of the final food judge rolling on meat was priceless. Chow's deadpan delivery of humor shines here. Overall, exactly what I expected. I rate this good because I like Stephen Chow and this gave me what I wanted.

No comments:

Post a Comment