.

.

Tuesday, March 29, 2016

Rushmore (1998)

An American black comedy directed by Wes Anderson, starring Jason Schwartzman, Bill Murray, Olivia Williams and Seymour Cassel.
A high school student has a crush on a new teacher at school. When he uses a mutual friend to communicate with her, things go awry.
This was not so great. I didn't care about the plot or characters and didn't find them interesting. The video style was good and the soundtrack fit the story. It was all made very well, but just not my favorite story. I really like Wes Anderson's style. The framing and shot composition are always good and the editing puts things together in a way that makes sense. I'm glad that Jason Schwartzman moved on to better roles that I liked more. I didn't even recognize him in this. Overall, well made, but not for me. I give it a weird pink rating. You might like it, but I don't.

No comments:

Post a Comment