.

.

Wednesday, March 30, 2016

The Royal Tenenbaums (2001)

An American black comedy drama directed by Wes Anderson, starring Owen Wilson, Gene Hackman, Anjelica Huston, Bill Murray, Ben Stiller, Luke Wilson and Danny Glover.
A rich family has problems. The absent dad returns pretends to be dying, a brother and sister are in love, etc...
This was very well-made. The plot was very complex and there were lots of characters. I tried to keep up, but I may have to watch it a few times to really understand everything. The video style is standard Wes Anderson awesomeness and the soundtrack is even better than the last few films I watched. My favorite scene was the grandfather - grandsons mischief montage. It must have been very fun to make. Pacing is slow, but an hour 49 is a tad on the long side. Overall, this was fun to watch and I liked it. I will be watching it again soon. I rate this best for prompting repeat viewing. Not many films can make me want to see them again. It's really something special when that happens. WATCH THIS!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment