.

.

Thursday, March 17, 2016

O Brother, Where Art Thou? (2000)

A French American musical adventure directed by Joel Coen, starring George Clooney, John Turturro, John Goodman and Holly Hunter.
A trio of inmates escape from a labor camp during the depression. They are on their way to find a buried treasure, but record a hit song while en route.
This was alright at best. It was supposedly based on Homer's Odyssey, but I failed to see much connection. Plot and characters blah blah blah, pacing and camera-work blah blah blah. My main issues were the color correction and musical aspect. I don't like musicals and the color correction used on this gives me a headache. They used too much of the warm colors and neglected a balance of cool hues. Also, my ex-girlfriend really liked this and I hate most movies that she liked. Overall, headache and painful memories prevented any enjoyment. I rate this poor.

No comments:

Post a Comment