.

.

Friday, September 2, 2016

Me and Orson Welles (2008)

A British American romantic drama directed by Richard Linklater, starring Claire Danes.
A young man joins a theater troupe led by Orson Welles. Welles is a jerk of a boss, but the main character meets an actress and they begin a romantic relationship. He also has a romantic interest in a writer girl whom he meets in a music shop.
Pretty decent. The plot held my interest because things were happening. Stuff was changing. The characters were very static, but their personalities were revealed with greater depth as time passed. The video all looked good quality. The only thing I really noticed were a few crane shots and general good composition. The audio was great. I could hear all of the dialogue and it was accompanied by an appropriate soundtrack. One thing I couldn't help but notice were the GIGANTIC ukuleles. These things are like 4-string acoustic guitars! Overall, this fills in like 95% of the check-boxes on my criteria list. I rate it good, mostly on production value.

No comments:

Post a Comment