.

.

Friday, February 26, 2016

Tucker: The Man and His Dream (1988)

An American drama directed by Francis Ford Coppola, starring Jeff Bridges, Martin Landau and Christian Slater.
A man designs a new car, but has trouble getting money to build a prototype. The prototype doesn't work right, but a friend helps to raise money and they end up having a factory that builds 50 cars. They run into legal troubles brought on by the major car companies who fear competition.
When I started watching this, I said "Who the fuck does this guy think he is?" The main character was that annoying. Turns out he has played some very different roles in other films. Jeff Bridges was "The Dude" from The Big Lebowski. Given that he is a great actor, I did not like him in this film and wanted to hurt him every time he said "hold that tiger". The plot was in line with the UPO and was about my least favorite subject in the world: cars. Some of the camera-work was good, but it was like taking a great picture of shit. Overall, I had trouble not turning this off. I rate it bad.

No comments:

Post a Comment