.

.

Friday, February 26, 2016

The Godfather (1972 - 1990)

An American crime drama directed by Francis Ford Coppola, starring Al Pacino, Marlon Brando, James Caan, Diane Keaton and Robert De Niro.
The only remaining son of a defeated mafia don in Italy escapes to America where he builds his own crime syndicate. His son takes over the family business and annihilates all competition.
This was the longest, most boring thing I have ever seen. Sure, there were momentary bursts of ultra-violence that shook things up every so often, but the bulk of the films consisted of talking. A few of the highlights include a man waking up with his prize horse's amputated head bleeding all over him in bed, multiple instances of tommy guns turning men to swiss cheese and a brutal knifing on a balcony. The little ditty that I composed to accompany this goes like: "They call me the widowmaker, my name is Michael Corleone, I have men killed for sport and pleasure, but selling drugs I do not condone". Seriously, everyone is killed. Overall, this consists of waiting far too long between action scenes. I rate it poor.

No comments:

Post a Comment