.

.

Sunday, February 28, 2016

Mary Shelley's Frankenstein (1994)

A Japanese American science fiction horror directed by Kenneth Branagh, starring Robert De Niro, Helena Bonham Carter, Ian Holm and John Cleese.
A ship heading for the North Pole encounters ice and a man running from something. He tells the story of how he made a Frankenstein monster based upon his father's notebook.
We've got some interesting stars here. The main character's adopted sister/wife is Marla Singer from Fight Club and the father is Bilbo Baggins from The Lord of the Rings series. There was definitely enough action to hold my attention and I almost cared what happened to the characters. I missed the "adopted" part about the sister and thought about rednecks a little bit. The monster speaking, reading and showing intelligence was a nice touch. I was utterly confused by the section where Frankenstein brings his sister/wife back to life. The monster had ripped out her heart and I thought that a quick heart transplant before electrocution would have been better than a head transplant. There are so many connections in the neck area vs just 4 in the heart. Well, if it has me typing about the plot this much, I must have liked it. I rate this adequate because I found it to be worth watching, but not amazing.

No comments:

Post a Comment