.

.

Sunday, February 28, 2016

The Cotton Club (1984)

An American film noir directed by Francis Ford Coppola, starring Richard Gere, Diane Lane, Bob Hoskins, James Remar and Nicolas Cage.
The social drama of a group of people from night clubs in Harlem is shown. A low level Irish criminal gets a job to babysit the mob boss's wife and they fall in love.
Another boring FFC flick. I should just delete the whole batch. This one had song and dance numbers and seemed like a mostly white cast version of Idlewild (2006). The plot barely held any of my interest and I didn't care what happened to the characters. The female lead was good looking, but failed to earn anatomy points. The characters were generally acted fine and the film was well-made, had good production value and made sense. There were some scenes where I noticed good camera-work, but it bored me to distraction. Overall, I'm thinking that Coppola is not for folks who like Tarantino and Jodorowsky. I rate this poor.

No comments:

Post a Comment