.

.

Sunday, November 23, 2014

Private Buckaroo (1942)

An American musical comedy directed by Edward F. Cline, starring The Andrews Sisters.
Entertainers from a club enlist in the army.
As much as I like music, I don't like musicals. Comedy is not my favorite genre either. I do, however, like The Andrews Sisters and old jazz. There were some good songs, but mostly bad and there were some entertaining jokes, but mostly bad. The editing was a little sloppy in some places, but the video was generally good. The treble-biased audio did not help the mostly bad music in this film and the antique style left much to be desired. The continuity seemed choppy to me as well. I rate it poor because it wasn't horrible. The only real reason to watch this is for The Andrews Sisters.

No comments:

Post a Comment