.

.

Monday, November 10, 2014

Jack and the Beanstalk (1952)

An American musical comedy directed by Jean Yarbrough, starring Bud Abbott and Lou Costello.
Abbott and Costello take a babysitting job for a boy and his baby sister. Unable to read, the babysitter is read to by the boy and dreams the story of Jack and the Beanstalk, with characters from the "real world" playing parts in the dream.
I can take an old movie and I'll watch an old comedy. When it becomes a musical is when I turn it off. I liked how the video went from B&W to color a la Wizard of Oz and the bright, fake color looked good. The plot was clearly communicated and I liked how the actors played double roles inside and outside the dream. I have to rate this shit because I turned it off. I would obviously not recommend viewing unless you like stupid old comedies that are also hokey musicals.

No comments:

Post a Comment