.

.

Saturday, November 22, 2014

My Favorite Brunette (1947)

An American romantic comedy mystery directed by Elliott Nugent, starring Bob Hope, Dorothy Lamour, Lon Chaney Jr. and Bing Crosby.
A timid photographer has an office next to that of a private eye detective. The detective leaves on business and a woman thinks that the photographer is the detective when she meets him in the office. The woman drags the photographer into a complex plot involving dangerous men.
I had to turn it off at an hour and 8 minutes because I couldn't watch another 20 minutes of this stupidity. The style and production were a little older looking than the '47 date, but there weren't any real technical mistakes in the film. The editing was good and the pacing kept things moving. I just got really tired of plot twists, the web of intrigue and the stupid, timid photographer being fooled by everyone he meets. An hour and 27 minutes is exceedingly long for me to pay attention to an old film of a genre that I dislike. I have to rate it shit because I turned it off.

No comments:

Post a Comment