.

.

Friday, November 14, 2014

King of the Zombies (1941)

An American comedic horror directed by Jean Yarbrough.
An airplane carrying 3 men is lost and picks up a radio signal. They land the plane on an island where they find a mad scientist who employs a crew of zombies.
The plot was simple, yet effective and the characters were memorable. I was impressed with Mantan Moreland's character's dialogue. Moreland was a famous comedian in the '30s and '40s and I found his use of ebonics comical. The pacing was quick enough to hold most of my attention and the style and production value were pretty standard for the time, if not a cut above standard. I'm rating this adequate because I actually liked it. If you're looking for public domain comedic horror, this is a good one to watch.

No comments:

Post a Comment