.

.

Friday, May 13, 2011

Network (1976)


A drama directed by Sidney Lumet, starring Faye Dunaway.
A news anchor goes crazy and starts telling the truth on TV. Meanwhile, his best friend is having an affair with a woman who works at the same television station.
"I'M MAD AS HELL AND I'M NOT GOING TO TAKE THIS ANYMORE!". This film is a good example of the new world order and how it functions is explained when Howard gets in trouble with a big boss and has the way things work explained to him. To boil it down to a sentence, the world is a business and the goal is to make money. I feel that this is fairly accurate. My question is whay was this film allowed to broadcast the real way that things work? The only conceivable answer is that "It's just a movie." and most people won't see the reality that lies within. I'm rating this awesome because of the ideas involved.

No comments:

Post a Comment