.

.

Wednesday, May 25, 2011

The Devil's Advocate (1997)


A fantasy directed by Taylor Hackford, starring Keanu Revves, Al Pacino and Charlize Theron.
An unbelievably successful lawyer is hired by a New York law firm. While he is busy winning cases, his wife becomes mentally and Physically ill and his mother preaches to him about the evils of the city and money. Meanwhile, his boss is showing him all of the fun things that come with success.
Before I get into the deep stuff, I have to say that I can watch this movie a million times and still like it. That deserves some major credit. The style and characters make the film. Anyway, it brings up the Christian ideologies of god and satan and applies these to situations in our world. Besides the whole lot of it being a flat out lie, satan is shown winning. By the way, in google, when you don't capitalize god, nothing happens. When you forget to capitalize satan, google says it's misspelled. I rest my case about the company that had a motto of "don't be evil". IF you believe in this theology, satan does have some better ideas. In fact, I was a non-practicing satanist until I woke up to the new world order. The main thing that changed my mind was not wanting to follow the same religion as the (presidents) Bush family. Now that we understand the powers that control money and are behind the scenes in Hollywood, I'd like to say that this film has new world order written all over it... but I'm rating it best.

No comments:

Post a Comment