.

.

Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Fern Gully: The Last Rainforest (1992)


An animated fantasy directed by Bill Kroyer, starring Robin Williams, Christian Slater and Tim Curry.
A fairy lives in a rainforest and studies green magic. When humans come with machines to cut down the trees, they awaken an evil spirit that encourages them. The fairy shrinks one of the humans to her size and he visits her society. When the human's machine draws near in it's tree cutting duty, they fight it.
Avatar! This is where the plot came from. When I watched Avatar, I said "this is fern gully in CG!". The soundtrack was horrible, as it was mostly black people music performed by white people. I'm not racist, it's just that white people can't rap and black people sing the blues better. Let's face it, they invented that form of music so they must know how to do it the best. Overall, this was disappointing. I'm rating it poor because it's so '90s cheesy and I'm VERY surprised that it isn't made by Disney! If it was Disney, I would have hit the shite button.

No comments:

Post a Comment