.

.

Monday, May 9, 2011

American Movie (1999)


A documentary directed by Chris Smith, starring Mark Borchardt.
Mark Borchardt is working on a film called Northwestern and has to create a short film called Coven in order to fund the longer movie.
This reminded me of FUBAR, but that was a joke and these people really are as annoying as they seem. Most of the film is Mark trying as hard as he can to get the film made, while the people around him half-ass their way through it. I understand him wanting a better life than the "work-go home-sleep-go to work" cycle that most people fall into.
On a personal note, I'm going for a job interview on Wednesday and the hours of the job are 3PM to 1AM. If I get it, I won't be able to play music with anyone anymore. My life will become totally worthless to me. Obviously, I won't accept if they offer it to me, but there isn't much chance of that happening. I've been going to job interviews for over a year and haven't gotten hired. I used to try to get the job, but now I just go through the motions to make my parents think I'm seeking employment. What I'm saying is that I want the same type of thing that this guy wants.
Anyway, the film was really annoying and I didn't see much point in it. I'm rating it bad.

No comments:

Post a Comment