.

.

Tuesday, August 12, 2014

The Snows of Kilimanjaro (1952)

An American romantic adventure drama directed by Henry King, starring Gregory Peck.
A man is injured on a journey in Africa. While lying on his cot and waiting for help to arrive, he reflects on his life up to that point. This mostly focuses on his romantic relationships.
The plot and characters kept me interested, but I had some difficulty discerning one girlfriend/wife from another. The flashbacks worked wonders for this film and I thought that they were appropriate and used well. There were some areas where the production quality was not so great, but these were very few. The sets and costumes were top notch and I wouldn't change a thing there. Some of the music was really good and some of it was negligible, so good there too. In fact, I liked this movie. I think that it was made very well, the story was good and the presentation was clear. I rate it good.

No comments:

Post a Comment