.

.

Monday, August 4, 2014

The Last Chance (1945)

A Swiss war film directed by Leopold Lindtberg.
A pair of soldiers escape from a battlefield in northern Europe where their regiment has been annihilated. They seek refuge in a small town where a priest is hiding other refugees who are also hiding from the Germans. When the German army draws near, all of the refugees and soldiers try to make it to a safe area before they can be caught.
This film was in 8 languages and the subtitles were absolutely the worst I have ever seen. The simple plot helped to render some of the dialogue superfluous and I was somehow able to follow the story. The characters were the shallowest I have ever seen, with no back-stories and no development. The editing was sloppy, there was no style and the pacing was slow. I have better things to do than rip apart crappy, old movies. I rate this bad. Don't watch it.

No comments:

Post a Comment