.

.

Monday, August 11, 2014

The Scarlet Pimpernel (1934)

A British adventure drama directed by Harold Young.
An English aristocrat leads a double life as a namby-pamby fashion consultant and a political revolutionary.
The poem: "They seek him here, they seek him there, those Frenchies seek him everywhere. Is he in heaven? Is he in hell? That damned elusive pimpernel." I like the poem and the main character is played very well. I also award this film some female anatomy points for noble women in low-cut dresses. The plot was not the clearest that has ever been presented and the audio had a loud dead air hissing sound throughout. Normally, nobility, politics and romance bore me to tears, but they worked well for this film. Even though it's something that I would not usually have an interest in, I kind of liked it and thought it had style. I rate it adequate.

No comments:

Post a Comment