.

.

Sunday, July 18, 2010

Invasion of Astro-Monster (1965)


A science fiction directed by Ishiro Honda.
A space mission to "Planet X" reveals an alien race with advanced technology and a monster problem. When the Earth people agree to help, they are betrayed by the aliens.
The audio was in English and the video was in color.
I used to like this movie when I was very young. I remember sitting through what seemed like hours of boring crap to see the cool monsters fighting. Now, I don't even appreciate the monster fights. The model scenes were easy to identify due to English signs on Japanese buildings and the seams in the monster constructions were coming apart during some of the battles. I hold my blog to some high standards, so I'm not going to just let this slide for sentimental reasons. I know a bad movie when I see it and this was definitely below the o.k. range.

No comments:

Post a Comment