.

.

Saturday, July 3, 2010

Communion (1989)


A science fiction directed by Phillipe Mora, starring Christopher Walken.
A man is visited by aliens while staying at his cottage with his family. He then tries to find out or remember what happened.
Before I tear into this like a rabid hyena, I must say that I read the book and liked it.
The audio and video were both tainted by Christopher Walken.
check out: It's as bad as Some Kind of Monster and worse than Ben-Hur.
This is "the film that should not be". The Walken creature's acting is at least as bad as that of Arnold Schwarzenegger and the other actors don't do much better. Any normal actor could have pulled this off, but Walken-stein seems like he's having fun being tortured by the aliens. He's dancing away and the scene has a sexual overtone. I can't tell if he's using a fake accent through the whole movie, or if that's something close to his normal voice, but whatever it is, it annoys the piss out of me. Every time that I see his face on the screen it makes me want to give him a good knockout punch. When he speaks, I want to close a workbench vise on his throat. The aliens in this film look faker than the children's Halloween costumes in the beginning. In fact, if I were a frugal film-maker, and saw that the aliens were child size, and had these kids around for the film... Anyway, this is some of the worst shit to ever cross my screen. If you're making a list of the worst films ever, this should be #1 or at least #2.

No comments:

Post a Comment