.

.

Monday, May 10, 2010

Driving Miss Daisy (1989)


A drama directed by Bruce Beresford.
An old woman's son hires a driver for his mother when she gets too old to drive.
The audio and video were both good. This film was made in the "Goldylocks zone" of the late 80s when content was still good and quality had just become so.
check out: Morgan Freeman reading the title of a book when he supposedly can't read.
This is one of those films that would conjure tears from certain audiences. I thought it was good, but I experience the same "movie moments" in a drier fashion. There was only 1 thing that I didn't like. This was the Martin Luther King banquet part. I totally expected the old hag to bring her driver with her, but that ice cold bitch made him sit in the car. You could tell she wanted to bring him, but it just didn't happen. If you like movies like "The Green Mile" and such, you'll like this too. I didn't think that I liked movies like that, but here I am writing a good review.

No comments:

Post a Comment