.

.

Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Altered States (1980)


A science fiction directed by Ken Russel and based on a book by Paddy Chayefsky.
A scientist who specializes in sensory deprivation tanks brings home some amanita muscaria brew from Mexico to experiment with.
The audio was good and the video was GREAT! The hallucination sequences of this film are legendary.
check out: The ram. How many eyes and how many horns?
I've seen this film quite a few times, so my opinion may be biased. I also have some experience with altered states of consciousness leading to other-worldly visions. The visions were not what is usually seen in such situations (they would need the team that made "Avatar" working closely with H.R. Giger to convey my visions to an audience.), there weren't enough of them, and I didn't like the ending. Otherwise, this film is great. The only reason that I sold my copy was to "fund my experiments". I had also just watched it 7 or 8 times in a month. This is a good one, watch it.

No comments:

Post a Comment