.

.

Monday, May 10, 2010

Charly (1968)


A drama directed by Ralph Nelson.
A man with low intelligence is the subject of scientific tests to increase his mental abilities.
The audio and video were both good. The credits said "music by Ravi Shankar", but I didn't hear much Indian classical.
check out: Charlie's "brave new world" diatribe when he is displayed to the other scientists.
There were parts that I liked and parts I didn't like. I liked what I listed in the "check out" section and the part in which Charlie (not CHARLY) is in the bar and helps the handicapped bus-boy. I didn't like the "motorcycles and hippies" scene. He had no time to grow the facial hair depicted, or to grow his regular hair to that length. It just didn't make sense of effect the plot in any way. When CHARLY's co-workers made fun of him, it was hard to watch because they were so cruel. I didn't like that Charlie's tutor fell in love with him after he tried to rape her. That part wasn't very believable. I'm calling this movie o.k. because of the equal mix of good and bad elements.

No comments:

Post a Comment