.

.

Thursday, April 16, 2020

One Night in the Tropics (1940)

An American musical romantic comedy directed by A. Edward Sutherland, starring Robert Cummings and William Frawley.
A man has been dating 2 women and wants to marry 1, but the other won't leave him alone.
Wretched, vile and loathsome. Lots of movies were like this in the early 1940s, but this is not what I ordered. I've been watching Abbott and Costello films and this is their debut, but it's not about them. It's about some other people and they just happen to be around. The plot held my attention like a fork holds water and I hated the characters. Far beyond not caring what happens to them, I wanted bad things to happen to them. I think there was too much musical for it to be a comedy and that it was trying to be too many things. I rate this shit because I had to turn it off. I will be back soon with my complete review of Abbott and Costello's like 25 or something movies.

No comments:

Post a Comment