.

.

Saturday, April 4, 2020

633 Squadron (1964)

A British war film directed by Walter Grauman, starring Cliff Robertson.
A group of pilots must bomb an enemy rocket fuel factory.
I'm glad this was about pilots and planes because I didn't give a flying fuck about it. The plot was predictable and characters stereotypical. It was the first widescreen Panavision film, so it looked great. One thing that I noticed was a man with a very fake hook hand and some terrible compositing. When the pilots were flying, the view through the cockpit cover windows was composited poorly, but when the enemy guns were shown firing at them, it was composited extremely unconvincingly (image). I rate this polished turd poor. I could see and hear what was going on and it had a plot that I could follow. However, what was going on made me wish it were not. You probably should not watch it.

No comments:

Post a Comment