.

.

Tuesday, April 28, 2020

A Big Hand for the Little Lady A.K.A. Big Deal at Dodge City (1966)

An American western directed and produced by Fielder Cook, starring Henry Fonda, Joanne Woodward, Jason Robards, Burgess Meredith, Charles Bickford and Kevin McCarthy.
A family stop at a saloon/hotel where a high stakes poker game is happening. The husband has quit gambling, but insists on watching. He joins the game and bets all of his money before having health problems. His wife decides to step in and play for him.
So cool. The plot was not very complex, but held my attention well. Casting and acting was good and all of the dialogue fit. I liked the casting of Burgess Meredith because I think he's a good actor and recognize him as Satan from The Twilight Zone episode, Printer's Devil. Filmed in Technicolor, it looked good to me. All other film elements aside, this was about the surprise ending. I won't spoil it because you should watch it. I rate it good.

No comments:

Post a Comment