.

.

Wednesday, April 29, 2020

Abby (1974)

An American blaxploitation horror directed by William Girdler.
A minister visits Africa and unleashes an evil spirit. The spirit possesses a woman from his church.
Terrible. It failed to hold my attention in any way. The audiuo and video were some of the worst. All grainy, fuzzy and pixelated video with old kung fu style clipping audio. The only interesting comment that I can make is to compare black and white possession. Honky possessed women sit around in bed, waiting for the exorcist to show up. They may puke pea soup and jill off with a cross, but can easily be found. This black woman took off. She was hitting the town, going to bars and seducing men. I rate this bad because it was painful to watch and I was counting down time until the end. However, I could hear and see it and understood what was happening. Don't watch it.

No comments:

Post a Comment