.

.

Monday, April 6, 2020

ABBA: The Movie (1977)

A Swedish Australian musical drama directed by Lasse Hallström.
A Radio host follows an ABBA tour, trying to get an interview with the band. There are also ABBA performances and music videos.
I had honestly not heard this music before watching the film. From a technical view, the audio and video were great. It was filmed in Panavision, so the colors and contrast all looked right. The audio was recorded very well. The radio DJ has such trouble finding a way to interview the band and his segments were filmed and edited wonderfully as well. I just don't like ABBA. Their music and image seem engineered and manufactured to me. Like someone said "wear these costumes and play major chords. You can't lose.". The white guitar (image) is pretty cool though. I rate this o.k. because it was made so excellently about music I don't like.

No comments:

Post a Comment