.

.

Sunday, January 19, 2020

125 Years Memory A.K.A. 海難1890, Kainan 1890 (2015)

A Turkish Japanese drama directed by Mitsutoshi Tanaka, starring Seiyō Uchino.
A group of Turkish sailors are shipwrecked in Japan and the people of a small village save them. Years later, some Japanese people are trying to get out of the middle east on a Turkish rescue flight.
It took that long to tell this story? 2 hours. Why? The plot was absurdly simple and characters developed some before being discarded, never to be seen again.  It all looked and sounded great. The subtitles I got were a little screwy, but on time. I just don't see why it had to be so long. Sure, there's a great message about helping others. I'm not saying I dislike that, just that it could have been done quickly. I rate this o.k. because it was fine, just too long. Know what you're getting into before you dive into watching movies.

No comments:

Post a Comment