.

.

Saturday, January 18, 2020

12 Angry Men (1957)

An American courtroom drama directed by Sidney Lumet, starring Henry Fonda, Lee J. Cobb, Ed Begley and Jack Warden.
A jury deliberates over a murder case. Most of the men vote guilty at the start, but one of them begins to convince the others that the defendant may not be guilty.
This is one of those classic films that everyone talks about, and for good reason. The plot holds my attention, even though I've seen it countless times. The characters don't even have names, but they are developed more than characters with names in other films I've seen. Besides, if I was on trial for murder, I would want Piglet (John Fiedler) on the jury. The whole thing is based on dialogue and that is what makes it good. This is an example of good writing making a good film. The camera-work and editing are not anything fancy, but the editing is so seamless that it goes unnoticed unless you really look for it. I rate this awesome because it takes skill to turn a simple idea into a good film by writing it well. Watch it!

No comments:

Post a Comment