.

.

Sunday, May 26, 2019

The Jungle Book (1967)

An American Disney animated adventure musical directed by Wolfgang Reitherman, starring George Sanders, Sterling Holloway and J. Pat O'Malley.
A human child is found in the jungles of India, raised by wolves and becomes friends with a panther and a bear. His survival is threatened by a tiger.
Inaccurate. I read the book a while ago and the only things that Disney got right were the basic premise and main characters. Everything else in the plot was fabricated and sugar-coated. Derisive comments complete, I actually like this. It was made way back when Disney made movies worth watching. The very traditional animation style was similar to their other works from this time period, but that is good. There was comedy added that was not in the book and (although inaccurate) I liked that. It doesn't hurt review points that I watched this when I was very young on VHS. Mowgli's voice sounded very much like Arthur from The Sword in the Stone (1963), but Arthur was Rickie Sorensen, Richard Reitherman and Robert Reitherman and Mowgli was Bruce Reitherman. When He fell from the branch at the end, I was expecting "woah what woah", young Arthur's oft-repeated line. I rate this awesome for sentimental value and irreplacability.

No comments:

Post a Comment