.

.

Thursday, May 23, 2019

Mr. Church (2016)

An American drama directed by Bruce Beresford, starring Eddie Murphy.
A cook goes to help a woman who is dying of cancer and her daughter. The daughter becomes friends with the cook and after her mother dies, she goes to college, gets pregnant and seeks refuge at the cook's house.
So sappy and repetitive. I get the sappy part and I understand the decision of having monologue lines from the beginning come back at the end. What I dion't get is the main characters being so static. It seemed to me that the main character (Charlie Brooks) was still 10 years old at the end and exactly the same as she started. Mr. Church didn't change either. Oddly enough, I had a friend named Charlie Brooks and I couldn't stop myself from thinking of him being in the lead role of this film. Also oddly enough, he was a static character. The cinematography, camerawork and editing were all great, but a lot of good it did with writing like this. I rate this bad. I would recommend it to those who disagree with all of my other reviews.

No comments:

Post a Comment