.

.

Monday, October 6, 2014

Venus Flytrap A.K.A. The Revenge of Doctor X (1966)

A Japanese American science fiction film directed by Kenneth G. Crane or Norman Thomson , starring James Craig.
A mathematician at NASA is stressed at work and takes a vacation. First he drives in America, where he picks up a venus flytrap plant. He then visits Japan where he gets another carnivorous plant and fuses them together to create a monster.
This may be the worst film I have ever seen. It's not as long as Some Kind of Monster or Ben Hur, but every excrutiating second is painful to watch (except one scene). The main character is an asshole who shouts nearly every line of his poorly delivered dialogue. The plot was boring and the slow pacing made an hour and 33 minutes seem to take forever. The bad audio was too loud and distorted like an old kung fu flick and every time an animal was on screen, it was crying out in distress. The bad video was blurry and grainy, although in color. The only thing that I liked was the topless female diving team. Yes, hidden in the center of this terrible film is a wonderful scene full of female anatomy points. I put the pictures up so you don't have to sit though the painful experience of the film itself to see them. I rate this shit. DO NOT WATCH!

3 comments:

  1. Regarding the film "Venus Flytrap" or "Revenge of Dr. X" was directed by my father, Norman Thomson. Not the director you credit on your blog. It was released in 1970 and shot in Japan. I have evidence to prove it. I felt it was necessary to correct the inaccurate information above. I would appreciate it if you can change the credit. -- Daughter: Patricia Ayame Thomson (You can look me up on Facebook if you have any questions.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Considering what I typed about this film, you are probably telling the truth. I added to the credits accordingly. Not too many people would see something being called "the worst ever" and say "Ooh, that's mine!"

      Delete
  2. Rifftrax has riffed this including the topless scene. It is now tolerable. The creature is also interesting in a campy Lost in Space way.

    ReplyDelete