.

.

Sunday, October 5, 2014

The Phantom Planet (1961)

An American science fiction directed by William Marshall.
In the distant and high-tech future (1980), spaceships have been disappearing after reporting that their instruments are malfunctioning. A spaceship is sent to investigate (redundancy?) and ends up landing on a moving planet. The astronaut exits the ship and has adventures with the inhabitants of the planet.
I thought it was cute. Such a hokey old science fiction film about foreign worlds and aliens seems endearing to me. The only thing it was missing was robots. The audio and video were relatively clear for the date. The plot and characters held my interest and the pacing felt right. I think that it was clearly presented and not a bad film at all. I noticed that the bad aliens flew their spaceships in a phallus formation (complete with testes), but I won't hold that against them. I'm keeping it because I'll probably watch it again sometime. I rate it adequate and would recommend it to anyone looking for an old science fiction film.

No comments:

Post a Comment