.

.

Saturday, October 18, 2014

Angel On My Shoulder (1946)

An American fantasy comedy film directed by Archie Mayo, starring Paul Muni, Anne Baxter and Claude Rains.
A mobster gets out of jail and is killed by a co-worker. He goes to Hell where he makes a deal with the devil so they can get mutual revenge on those who have wronged them. The mobster is put into a judge's body and falls in love with the judge's girlfriend, changing his mind about important moral issues.
This was very well-made and I was definitely amused. The plot was interesting and held my attention. The characters were believable and the actors played their parts convincingly. The production, audio, video and general style were typical of the film's date, but I think that they were quite good for their time. I was especially amused by the dead gangster bossing the devil around and how they worked around not being able to say the word "Hell". I'm rating this good because I just liked it. You may want to check this one out.

No comments:

Post a Comment