.

.

Thursday, June 26, 2014

My Outlaw Brother (1951)

A Mexican American western directed by Elliott Nugent, starring Mickey Rooney.
The younger of 2 brothers searches for his elder sibling in Mexico, where he supposedly owns a silver mine. Come to find out, the older brother is an outlaw. A ranger teams up with the younger brother to capture the older without being killed by him and save the woman the outlaw has selected to marry.
The only thing that I agree with is the younger brother complaining about having bad luck with women and always getting the big ones. He refers to them as whales and I can sympathize. The rest of the movie sucked pretty bad. Mickey Rooney is too much of a pansy to be in a western and the plot wasn't all that great. What it really lacked was style. What I mean by this is that you could turn the film on at any point in it's duration and even if you've seen it, not be able to identify it. I'm rating this bad, but no hard feelings. It's just another bit of the rough that I have to pass in my search for diamonds.

No comments:

Post a Comment