.

.

Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Jungle Book Sabu (1942)

A British Indian American adventure film directed by Zoltan Korda, starring Sabu Dastagir.
A boy is raised by wolves before entering human society. He learns good morals and how to speak with all the animals. This is seen as bad and exploited by the humans around him.
The production value may be low, but everything else was sky high. The characters were memorable, the plot lured the viewer in and style went to town on this one. It was identifiable at any point in it's duration as this film. I can't express in words how much that means. The actor that played Mowgli reminded me of Tony Jaa. Camera-work was done correctly. Lighting was right. Acting was on time and convincing. Some may try to down-play a public domain film, but this is the diamond in the rough. It was presented ever so clearly and with style. I mention style again because most films don't have it. Who in 1942 could make a good scene with 2 actors talking to a snake in color? These fuckin' people right here, that's who! I'm rating it best because it's epic and it pre-dates any other epic film. I wish I had more thumbs to put up for this! This is what I'm looking for: the diamond in the rough.

No comments:

Post a Comment