.

.

Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Manhunt (1972)

An Italian crime action film directed by Fernando Di Leo.
A pair of American assassins are hired to kill a low level pimp in Milan when a shipment of heroine does not arrive. Somehow, all of Milan's crime underworld turns against this man.
I was reminded of a scene from Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas (1998) because the Americans are there "to croak a scag baron named" no, not Savage Henry, but Luca Canali. That's about as far as the plot made sense. Who is the hero? Apparently, nobody. Why are all the gangsters from Milan out to kill this guy as well? The movie doesn't say. I call that marks against plot and characters. The main character is a pimp and there is some female nudity, but it is my opinion that the women in these roles were not "well endowed" enough to merit this placement. That's a negatory on the female anatomy points. Seems to me that this was just an excuse to film chase scenes and shootouts. It does a fairly good job of this, but does that make it a good movie? This is the type of question/situation that I've been facing most frequently as of late. I'm reviewing movies here and have a list of criteria on the right side of my page detailing what makes a good movie. This falls somewhat short of that mark, but I thought it was relatively entertaining to watch. I rate it o.k. It called into question my evaluation and rating procedures and gave me something to type about.

No comments:

Post a Comment