.

.

Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Jack London (1943)

An American biography drama directed by Alfred Santell, starring Michael O'Shea and Susan Hayward.
The story of author Jack London's life is told as he lives as a pirate, gold prospector and war correspondent.
The plot and characters were interesting, but nothing else really caught my attention. The sound was truly horrific, with rasping and popping during the dead air. The scenes that got into my memory are "bully on a boat", "horseback riding" and "give me my honorable camera". At least it wasn't a sword and sandal or a kung fu! I'm rating it o.k.
As a side-note, I've been writing some shorter reviews because I'm trying to plow through these public domain films. This is in line with keeping it concise and if I see something that requires a longer explanation, I will do so when I see fit.

No comments:

Post a Comment