.

.

Sunday, June 5, 2011

Lock, Stock and Two Smoking Barrels (1998)


A crime film directed by Guy Ritchie, starring Jason Flemyng and Sting.
A group of small-time criminals round up enough money to play an expensive game of cards. The card player loses and they owe half a million dollars to a very dangerous man. Meanwhile, two other small-time criminals steal and sell an expensive set of guns that the main characters buy very cheaply. They rob their neighbors who have just robbed the local cannabis dealers, but then everything turns into a bloody (I know it's brittish, but I mean the red stuff) mess.
This film is notable for almost every aspect. The plot and characters are great, as the action and problems build as the film progresses. The style and production value are great and unique. The soundtrack features mainly rock and funk songs that go well with the parts of the film that they are in. I couldn't make it better myself. It gets a best rating. I'm not turning soft here, I just got some good flicks to watch.

No comments:

Post a Comment